With the development of the spreading of the Corona virus the board of Svenska Kennelklubben has decided on a number of measures.
Club activities from June 1st 2020
Bigger shows and competitions demand good forward planning. The SKK Board assess that the current situation regarding the disease control will not change significantly during the summer.
All county club shows (länsklubbsutställningar) will be cancelled until December 31st 2020
- This is valid regardless if the Government decides to cancel the decision regarding the number of people at common gatherings and public events.
- Also Stockholm Hundmässa, 12-13 December 2020 in Stockholm has been cancelled.
Other shows, trials, competitions and assessments
- The Government decision of banning common gatherings and public events rules what activities can be executed.
- Today the ban concerns common gatherings and public events with more than 50 participants.
- If the Government decides on other restrictions than above the new Government decision is the valid one.
With activities where fewer than 50 participants are expected to be at the same place, the following rules abide:
- Make a risk analysis according to the recommendations of The Public Health Agency of Sweden
- Take into consideration how many people that might attend an activity as it can be difficult to know how many will turn up to at a certain occasion e.g. (dog owners, handlers, family members, supporters, etc.).
- Activities should preferably be executed outdoors and have a regional status i.e. no people from other parts of the country or from abroad.
- Recommendations from The Public Health Agency of Sweden must be followed. That means, amongst other things:
- People from risk groups should not participate, including stewards
- Distance between participants should be maintained
- Conditions for good hand hygiene should be provided
Limiting the number of participants
Activities where draw rules are used it can be used for limiting the number of expected participants.
For activities that does not have draw rules, SKK Board will issue a general dispensation for organisers, to limit the number of participants.
The SKK Board have also stipulated that national championships in different trials and competitions should not be performed during 2020 as current restrictions will make it difficult for fair qualification/draft competitions and that national championships include travels from other parts of the country.
Cancelled dog shows
For cancelled dog shows (Nordic, International and National) in Sweden, please follow the link: Länsklubbsutställningar
Information to Swedish Judges
Swedish judges who want to cancel judging appointments abroad can do that without any disciplinary measures from the SKK. This message has been sent to the conformation judges via e-mail, but it also goes for other categories of judges (trial/competition and assessment).